I'm in progress of building the Boba Fett costume as seen in Star Wars Episode V, The Empire Strikes Back. To meet the 501st Legion requirements, every piece of clothing or equipment seen in the movies has to be present and the costume should be made as screen accurate as possible. With a Fett costume, there's quite a list. I've managed to build a suit to match these standards and was approved as a member in the late February 2012!
My Fett costume got an upgrade as I painted and built a new helmet to replace the older one. I wanted a more accurate helmet and as all other parts are painted by myself, it would've just felt wrong to use a factory painted 'face' for the costume. With the new bucket and an upgrade holster on it's way, this Bounty hunter is soon ready for business!
My upgrade helmet painting process is documented HERE.
- toe spikes
- beacon & stabilizer
- leather sling
- side studs
- knee darts
- chest lights
- logo decal
|Armor set I acquired, trimmed and painted with spraypaints and airbrush techniques. The helmet is a high-end replica.|
|Chest armor and collar plate. The details differ between movie versions, so a fair amount of research had to be made to get the damage and chipping locations right.|
|Knee armour and aluminium knee dart launchers I ordered from Italy.|
|Damage has been made authentically, ie. not painted on. The silver is actually the lowest layer of paintjob that damage in yellow coat reveals, as it would actually be.|
|I used blu-tac for damage masking, three spraypaint colors for the basecoat and several aibrush shades for shading and highlights.|
|Gauntlets with bounty hunter armament, including a flamethrower, rocket and some darts.|
|Screen accurate soft parts. Flak vest, Wookie scalps, Girth belt and Side pockets.|
|Fett Flightsuit, Ammo belt, Cape and Shoes.|
|A weapon set that I ordered from U.S. These arrived in kit form that I needed to prep, assemble and then paint. The material was shiny plastic apart from the stock which is actual wood. The EE3 blaster still needs a leather sling.|
|The paintjob, details and greeblies are screen accurate, but I wanted to add a personal touch in form of some rust powder.|
|I used lacquer varnish to darken the stock to resemble the one seen in movie. The actual stock had a part of it chopped off in the film, so I took a "bite" out of mine as well.|
|Test fitting on a bust, flashing chest lights in action. And finally showing off the nearly completed costume!|